Manager on Duty
THIS IS A YEAR ROUND POSITION
The responsibility of the Manager on Duty (MOD) is to protect the interest of the business in the practicing and maximizing of operational excellence, quality, training, marketing and profit generating procedures throughout their shift (Day, Swing or Night shift).
Most importantly the MOD responsibility is to ensure that the first and last contact with guest is both memorable and remarkable.
The MOD must exemplify the actions, decision-making skills and responsibilities of operating a successful restaurant. Having a keen sales and marketing awareness of the day part or day of the week is key to this leader’s success. Their primary job is setting the overall tone and atmosphere of the restaurant during their shift. Operational efficiency, skill development and community building are a constant thought in the mind of this leader.
This hands-on leader must be a teacher at heart and must be energized by a quick-paced environment. The MOD must be engaged daily in the following 5 areas:
- Support the vision of the operator.
- Commitment to personal growth and development.
- Work with the operator to develop an Individual Development Plan (IDP) for themselves and the other members in the operations department.
- Support, practice and encourage a High Performance Leadership Team (HPLT) culture. This leader may have to adapt and change their approach shift-to-shift depending upon the talent on duty or the level of business needing support.
- Share short-term and long-term goals with leadership team as well as team members.
- Coach and develop to potential all team members
- During your shift, observe and validate cashier keystroke errors.
- Observe for inconsistent cash and coupon handling procedures along with food portioning
- Model and support clear communications between the front counter and boards.
- Take disciplinary action in writing or verbally to any individual reporting to you on your shift.
- Coach and develop “self-leadership skills” of team members during their shift
- When required, support TD in implementing sound individualized training and development. Provide training feedback and observations of new team members to the TD and all CTs.
- Leverage every moment to observe, support, teach, model, measure and provide feedback on every aspects of the Creating Raving Fans Strategy.
- Properly address both positive and negative Results and Relationships and share finding and solutions with fellow MODs, GM and operator.
- Ensure opening and closing security measures are in place to protect your staff. Report all security or safety incidents to the operator and GM.
- Embrace continuous improvement plan for the development all leaders, ambassadors, contributors, emerging leaders and employees.
- Quality & Customer Experience
- Support and communicate CREATE RAVING FANS strategy during your shift. The MOD must ensure a watchful eye on the restaurant at all times. If you must leave the restaurant, ensure that a supervisor, team leader or team captain is left in temporary charge of the restaurant.
- Ensure that the 1st Mile of service is taken care of (OE) and that 2nd Mile Service opportunities are taken.
- Ensure opening and closing food safety and restaurant safety measures are in place to protect staff. Report all safety incidents to the operator and GM.
- Ensure all guest complaints are solved using L.A.S.T. principles and that we have exceeded guest expectations in our resolution.
- Use RQA, ROE and CEM tools to measure and improve OE and ensure proper FDA and local food safety standards are practiced during shift.
- As a steward, oversee all facilities and ensure equipment are in proper working order before, during and after your shift
- Ensure our food safety standards exceed local and FDA food code standards and that all equipment is working properly
- Support continuous improvement plans for quality and customer experience.
- Sales & Brand Growth
- Implement customer count, check average and outside sales best practices during your shift
- Sample across the counter to build incremental sales
- Support RMD (Restaurant Marketing Director) during shift in the execution of the mall marketing plan.
- Cultivate an environment during shift that leverages our Raving Fans Strategy
- Use transitions to our benefit by maximizing productivity during your shift
- Review Scorecard and Scoreboard scores during your shift and ensure existing systems are in place to maximize sales growth.
- Take advantage of strategic marketing emotional connections that may arise.
- Support RMD on continuous improvement plans for sales and brand growth.
- Ensure the shift team is trained and motivated to do their part in building sales and outside sales development.
- Financial Return
- Ensure proper cash and coupon management systems (to include change fund) are in place during shift
- Ensure Opening and End of Day financial reports are performed in a timely manner
- As a steward, work closely with the operator and other members of the leadership team to execute continuous improvement plans that maximize our return on investment.
A job at Chick-fil-A is more than just a job. It's a stepping-stone to a successful future in the world of business. Here are some of the great benefits of working at Chick-fil-A:
Along with a competitive paycheck, you will work in a nurturing environment where you will learn valuable business and people skills.
You probably have commitments to your family, friends, school or sports teams. We will try to arrange your work schedule around them.
All Chick-fil-A restaurants are closed on Sundays so you can have a day off to spend with family and friends.
No Experience Is Necessary
We are looking for friendly, enthusiastic people who enjoy serving customers. We will teach you everything else you need to know.
At Chick-fil-A, we believe everyone deserves an education. We offer Leadership Scholarships to eligible employees who qualify.